Re: What font is it?

At 14:43 02/04/98 +0100, Thomas Larque wrote:
>This is a spontaneous response, without stopping to look anything up on the
>net, but I remember that somebody made available a font based on the font
>used in Shakespeare's First Folio - which must still be out there somewhere.
>I am not sure that it was a particularly utilitarian font, I remember
>somebody commenting that it had important characters missing, but it is
>available.

Actually, that sounds like it could be right up my alley, at least, if it
had the long "ess" and ligatures (are there *any* digital fonts that have
those, in addition to just the standard alphabet?).

In a similar vein, and if it's of interest to anyone, I did discover a font
at the internet font archives, at...

        http://www.ora.com/homepages/comp.fonts/ifa/query3.htm

...called "Good City Modern", which is (apparently/supposedly) based on the
font used in the Gutenberg Bible, and which y'all can go get for free if
you have a use or desire for it. I'd certainly be interested in whether or
not anyone can really confirm this (i.e. whether or not it is a digital
representation of that font) better than I can in my near-ignorance and
limited resources on this subject.

>I'll try to find and post the relevent Web Address when I have the spare
>time to fish around.

That'd be cool, or (as the younguns say), *kewl*.

>And *please* if anybody does respond to Ron Koster's question, publish it on
>the List.  I - for one - would really like to hear the answers.

Me too.<g>

Thanks Thomas!

Ron :)

                       P  S  Y  M  O  N  ?  ?  ?  ?