[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Finding Fonts????
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Finding Fonts????
- From: Thomas Larque <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 19:25:12 +0100
- Message-Id: <199804021840.KAA15748@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
> Now that I understand how to add new fonts, can anyone tell
> me where to find beautiful fonts (e. g., Old English or
> Celtic or anything you think is gorgeous) appropriate for
> printing out books of poetry?
For a list of Shareware Providers, try looking at www.excite.com and then
moving to their Software : Shareware category list - which can be found by
following the links on the homepage. Most will offer Fonts of various
> Can I use illuminated capital
> letters with a plain (all black) printer, or would I need a
> color printer for that?
The font that I suggested (CelticMD) is a mono-font. I don't know whether
colour fonts of the same sort of kind are available. As far as I know, all
standard Fonts are single colour.
People with more creative and artistic skills than I have might be
interested in the Shareware programmes on ZDNet which are supposed to allow
you to design your
own Font (I haven't tried them, since I haven't an artistic bone in my