[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Monotype Press
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Monotype Press
- From: Elias Roustom <EMemail@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 00:00:02 -0500
- Message-Id: <199804040613.WAA17224@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
The ideal press for monotypes is the etching press! You can use a litho
press. I've done it both ways enough times to prefer the etching press.
You'll have better luck finding an etching press, and they are relatively
inexpesive ($1000 +/-) for the size you'll need. There are many makes and
models... Dick Blick (tel? 800 directory should have them listed) catalog
offers some cheap table top models.
>From plexiglass plates, with etching inks, you don't need a press... elbow
From: Papursuits <Papursuits@AOL.COM>
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Date: Friday, April 03, 1998 7:57 AM
Subject: Monotype Press
>I'm looking for a press suitable for monotypes. Need bed to be larger than
>18" by 24". Anyone have any ideas?