Re: goldleaf

You got me. I think it has something to do with the purity and whatever
other alloy they add.

p.

At 12:57 PM 4/5/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Peter,
>        I have a question that others on the list might also have knowledge
>of  or interest in.
>        I've always wondered exactly what constituted the differences in
>goldleaf between, say the XX Regular, the XX Glass (selected for glass
>gilding, I know), and the XX Patent, when they're all 23karet?
>        Which do calligraphers use, for instance, and can bookbinders use
>the XX Glass on leather as well as the XX Regular, or if not, why not?
>        Any explanation of the differences and/or restrictions between
>these three would be much appreciated.
>                                        Barbara Kretzmann
>

>>     In schoen gebunden Buechern blaettert man gern.     <<

Peter D. Verheyen    <wk> 315.443.9937      <fax> 315.443.9510
<Email>                               mailto:pdverhey@dreamscape.com
<Webmaster>              http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
<Listowner>    Mailto:Book_Arts-L-request@listserv.syr.edu