Re: gold leaf

I think that XX Glass means that it's not supposed to have any
pinholes or cracks.  Regular has a lot more of this.  My Swift XX deep
has a bit of this, whereas my Italian XX Glass has very little, if
none. Originally. I bought the regular for tooling, the glass for edge
gilding.  The glass gold holds up better than the regular.  Perhpas it
is a little bit thicker than regular. If I tool with it, chances are
the first time will be just right, and not have to patch.  When I've
use regular, it seems that I always have more patching and clean up.

I have always wanted to know this- how much gold is in an average
book?  1 gram?

Jake Benson