[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Galleries / Exhibitions / Pricing
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Galleries / Exhibitions / Pricing
- From: "Janet L. Meyer-Borders" <jmeyerb@COMP.UARK.EDU>
- Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 16:34:45 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <199804071917.OAA04609@comp.uark.edu>
- Message-Id: <199804082135.OAA20972@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I would love to hear from other artist out there how they sell their
art. I exhibit in Hot Springs, but with not much luck. I have
hopes of getting a gallery in May in California, so maybe I will have
sales this way. So far the only sales I have had are at university
exhibitions. Also for pricing, I price my stuff under $600.00, although
I have seen people that price their stuff real high on the internet.
I think this is a mistake. Oh, yea if I price a piece at $600.00
I get $300.00, for a 40 or 50 hour piece, so you can see I make very
little money. I don't do art for the money, just like a person riding
a bicycle doesn't get paid. Please will so more people comment on this
subject of price, and gallerys.
Hi - this is Janet - I am an artist - do you need any art work?
Give me a call. Logos, Murals, Signs - email@example.com