Re: Kerma Standing Press

At 01:35 PM 4/10/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a Kerma Standing Press that is missing the key.

I don't know that particular press key but in rebuilding the smaller copy
presses I have had to replace a number of keys, usually the conical type or
the semi-circular type. I have always been able to find a fit in a local
hardware store (True Value, where I live). I would think you could measure
the depth of the keyway with a depth guage and, with the help of a machine
shop (if necessary) get a workable fit.  If it is wedge-shaped, maybe one
of the old time wedge quoins would be a start.

Good luck.

Sam Lanham
Sam Lanham (slanham@hctc.net)