Re: Scan or shoot photos

Charles and All:

First:  Happy Holidays and wishes for eons of peace and love

Second: While I do not make books, I do graphics and am fairly familiar with
much of the available scanning
        equipment.

        My experience is that scanning line drawings/black and white is
usually LESS
        successful than scanning color photos ....
        and it matters NOT AT ALL whether you are using an old logitek B&W
or the hottest, new flatbed.

        Use a strong magnifyier on the original and you will see why.

        I have had some reasonable luck with outdoor photography
        and a local "amateur" who goes negative to disk.

Not sure this helps at all ...

Be well and happy and for now Ciaobiddy!

Barbi