Re: Scan or shoot photos

Other critical factors, especially in b/w (bitonal) will be the dpi and
threshold, the point at which something becomes black or white. Remember in
b/w scanning there is either one or the other. NO greys. Fiddle with the
settings and use a high resolution 300+ dpi. You'll get great results.

Peter

At 02:08 PM 4/11/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>        My experience is that scanning line drawings/black and white is
>>usually LESS
>>        successful than scanning color photos ....
>>        and it matters NOT AT ALL whether you are using an old logitek B&W
>>or the hottest, new flatbed.
>>
>I have found that scanning black and white line drawings works best if you
>scan it using settings for a black and white photograph at a high
>resolution...the scanner catches more of the nuances of the image, even
>though, technically, it isn't the setting you're supposed to use.
>

>>     In schoen gebunden Buechern blaettert man gern.     <<

Peter D. Verheyen    <wk> 315.443.9937      <fax> 315.443.9510
<Email>                               mailto:pdverhey@dreamscape.com
<Webmaster>              http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
<Listowner>    Mailto:Book_Arts-L-request@listserv.syr.edu