Re: Scan or shoot photos

I do not think that the light would harm either one.  My major concern is
that, if the material is bound, a flatbed scanner could damage the
binding.  Indeed, I think that you would probably get adequate copy
photos with a high-resolution, fine grain 35mm film.  I make slides of my
black and white work with color film.  35 mm has the additional advantage
in that scanners are more available than they are for 4x5.  Any of a
number of books on photographing your art-work can give you specifics on
how to do this.

R*