Re: Source of exotic leathers (*not for the over-sensitive*)

There is one source of exotic leather which you probably shouldn't consider.
On a trip to see one of the Castles which has served as a jail and place of
execution over the centuries (Lancaster Castle, I think) I saw an
interesting display of "execution memorobilia" - which included last
letters, used hangman's nooses, the brief records of the day's hangings and
the like ... and a book, which one of the Prison Warders had made, and bound
with the flayed skin of a hanged man.

What lovely things our ancestors got up to.

Thomas Larque.