Re: Cyrano de Bergerac Centenial

One caution: I used to be a member of the Amis de la Reliure d'Art, and
entered the 2e Concours International de la Reliure in Switzerland. I sent
them a lacquer binding insured express mail, well packed with bubble wrap in
a box. A month after the exhibit was over I received my book back by ordnary
mail, uninsured, wrapped only in brown paper with no packing. The corners
were all damaged. I contacted the organizers, who said that they were not
responsible for damage once the book left their premises.

I certainly wasn't about to go to international court over it, so I
saturated the crushed corners in epoxy and pressed them flat, then
relacquered them. Otherwise, of course, I couldn't have sold the book. It
was a big hassle, but it did make me develop a stronger corner.

                Richard
                http://minsky.com