[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Human skin binding - Urban legend?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Human skin binding - Urban legend?
- From: Jennifer Vignone <opus@TIAC.NET>
- Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 21:49:46 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <199804170140.VAA07346@mx1.tiac.net>
- Message-Id: <199804170144.SAA16178@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Mmmm...let's ask the spirit of Ed Gein, who used to eat human flesh and
make lampshades and whatnot from the skins of his victims.
It might be urban legend...but then again...stranger things have happened....
>So am I the only one who looks at the various forms of the human skin
>binding story and begins to wonder whether it might not be a bit of an
>urban legend? It seems to me that it falls into the category of, "it makes
>a good story, may as well tell it."
>Don Hosek firstname.lastname@example.org Quixote Digital Typography
>312-953-3679 fax: 312-803-0698 orders: 800-810-3311
>For information about SERIF: THE MAGAZINE OF TYPE & TYPOGRAPHY,
>http://www.quixote.com/serif/ or mail email@example.com