[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Human skin binding - Urban legend?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Human skin binding - Urban legend?
- From: Thomas Larque <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 02:46:18 +0100
- Message-Id: <199804170145.SAA15726@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
> So am I the only one who looks at the various forms of the human skin
> binding story and begins to wonder whether it might not be a bit of an
> urban legend? It seems to me that it falls into the category of, "it makes
> a good story, may as well tell it."
I don't blame you for being cynical - but I can assure you that I, for one,
actually stood and looked at a book bound with human skin "harvested" by the
Prison Doctor after the man had been hanged. The records were all still
so was the book.