Re: Human skin binding - Urban legend?

On 16 Apr 98, the dancing digits of Don Hosek delivered:

> So am I the only one who looks at the various forms of the
> human skin binding story and begins to wonder whether it
> might not be a bit of an urban legend?

Check out the story of Ed Gein in Wisconsin.  He not only
bound books in human skin, he also made lampshades of it
and did plenty of other strange things.  Granted, Ed is a
very unusual case, but he did use human skin for binding
books.  Ed died just a few years ago in the WI State
Hospital for the Criminally Insane.  Part of his story was
used for the movie "Psycho".

Wayne Haegele