Re: Human skin binding - Urban legend?

In his book, _Bibliologia Comica, or Humorous Aspects of the Caparisoning
and Conservation of Books_ (Archon Books, 1968), Lawrence S. Thompson
discusses the lore and fact of human skin uses.  The chapter is entitled:
"Religatum de Pelle Humana"  The whole book is a good read.

Jack

>From:    Don Hosek <dhosek@QUIXOTE.COM>
>Subject: Human skin binding - Urban legend?
>
>So am I the only one who looks at the various forms of the human skin
>binding story and begins to wonder whether it might not be a bit of an
>urban legend? It seems to me that it falls into the category of, "it makes
>a good story, may as well tell it."

Thompson Conservation Laboratory
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, Oregon  97217