Re: human skin bindings

>FYI, Brown University has a copy of Vesalius's _Anatomy_ bound in human
>skin. I'm sure the librarians at the John Hay Library would haul it out of
>the safe for those interested.

I saw that in 1968 when I was studying binding at Brown with Daniel Gibson
Knowlton. A practice among some medical students, perhaps inspired by this,
was to have their Gray's Anatomy bound in the skin of the cadaver they
dissected. I don't know if this practice continues today.

            Richard
            http://www.minsky.com