Strange books

I know the subject is getting beaten to death but I was just reading the May-
June issue of REALM:The Magazine of Britain's History and Countryside and
couldn't resist this quote:

"Nearby Polstead is picture-book too, although it found notoriety for a very
different reason in 1827 as the scene of the murder of Maria Marten by her
deceitful lover, William Corder. He was eventually brought to justice and
hanged before 10,000 spectators. The rope from which he dangled was sold for
one guinea an inch. The prison doctor flayed the body and the skin was later
used to bind a book about Corder's trial which is on view with other relics in
Moyses Hall Museum, Bury St Edmunds"

Jane Conneen