Re: Human skin binding - Urban legend?

04.20.98

Dear Mr. Hosek et al...

The use of human skin as an <<exotic>> binding material is NO URBAN LEGEND,
unless, of course, you follow the revisionist trend in interpreting the
events relating to the Jewish Question, and its Final Solution.  There are
extant, several copies of Hitler's Mein Kampf which Herr Hitler's Commissar
of Death, Heinrich Himmler  had bound in the human skin of exterminated
Jews.

See:  Sereny, Gitta.  Albert Speer: His Battle with Truth. New York, Alfred
A. Knopf, 1995.  pages 309 - 310.

The gist of this citation is that Himmler had prisoners at Dachau bind
copies of Hitler's Mein Kampf in the skin from the backs of  dead human
beings.  [Where would you imagine such a supply of exotic bookbinding
leather might have originated.]

Gitta reports this fact from an unimpeachable eyewitness.  If it is
discounted in favor of establishing an Urban Legend to the contrary, then
History as we know it is doomed indeed.

don guyot       colophon@olywa.net