[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Sculpted leather covers
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Sculpted leather covers
- From: Artemis BonaDea <paradux@ALASKA.NET>
- Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 23:05:23 -0700
- Message-Id: <199804210648.XAA20944@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Organization: North Bound Books
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I am interested in attempting a sculpted leather binding. I am not
sure just *what* to put under the leather. I discussed this with a
clerk at my local art store and he suggested Sculptey, a clay that
can be formed, baked at a low temp and then drilled and sanded.
I worry about the long term effect of a product like this. Does
anyone have any ideas about this - or perhaps a better idea.
Thanks in advance for the help.
North Bound Books