Re: Bodies & Religions--reply

I attended a Baptist church as a child, and we were taught there about the
Rapture, which was when all good Christians would rise bodily up to heaven.
We were told that the graves would open and the dead chosen would rise up
as well (I imagined decomposing bodies rising up through the air, bumping
into things as they went.)  I guess they would be miraculously made whole
for the event.

Perhaps you've seen the bumpersticker--"In case of Rapture, no one will be
driving this car"--or something like that.

As far as I know, this is still a doctrine in some Baptist churches.

Julie Seko