Sculpted leather covers

Artemis,

Balsa wood is a great material for sculpting under leather, it is light i=
weight and fairly easy to sculpt and sand.  You can laminate sevral peice=
together for more thickness.  Another material that I have used, which I
also learned from Jan Sobota, is styrofoam, the strange green kind used f=
or
flower arrangements. It makes a mess in the studio but can give pretty go=
od
results, again light in weight, very sandable like balsa and comes in big=

chunks.  I can say nothing of the archivality of the styrofoam but after
obtaining the shapes you want you can seal it with glue, or paste and ric=
paper and sand again.  Good Luck!

Pamela