Re: "Perfect" replacements for "perfect" bindings.

Doug writes:

<< I have several older books that I've asked various parties for binds
 on restoring, but these books I would like to "play" with.  Searching the
 book_arts-l archive for "perfect" and "rebind" (with various suffices and
 spacings/dashes) seemed to yeild little info.  Any suggestions? >>

How about the technique Rob Shepard explains in his book *Hand-Made Books; An
Introduction to Bookbinding*.  I've loaned my copy of the book, and so I can't
describe the technique accurately enough to post here. Although I haven't
tried it myself, the procedure seems like a workable solution.  I really like
the entire book.

Regards,

Beth Lee
Tallahassee, Florida