Re: Two-needle Coptic Sewing

A little trick that Artemis showed me (and that is probably common
knowledge to most of you) is to not use a needle at all on things like
the Coptic sewing where you have to get through boards, but to stick the
ends in PVA and twist it to make it's own "needle."  I've found that
especially useful when using a flax cord that is attached to the boards
which the sewing then wraps around.  If it's going to be big enough to
show some of the X's and other fancy stitches that Keith Smith Shows, it
is a trick to get it in the boards neatly.

I wish we could draw on here!

Joyce
Petersburg, Alaska