Re: "Perfect" replacements for "perfect" bindings.

> The process is young in binding terms, 8-10 years,

Actually it's been around for longer. Polly Lada-Mocarski showed me a
"flex-binding" (that's the old term for "double-fan") press in 1975, and the
apprentices made thousands of books that way at Center for Book Arts. We
didn't have the fancy press, so we took a headbanding press (like a small
lying press) and put it up on a couple of bricks to get the required
distance from the spine to the flex point.

            Richard
            http://www.minsky.com