Re: "Perfect" replacements for "perfect" bindings.

As I said there have been many variations on the mechanics but
>over all each machine will notch the spine, fan the book, apply the glue
>and attach backlining.

Duncan,

Thanks for the details. Can you tell me what you mean by 'notch the spine'?
I can think of several alternatives (straight across, diagonally, deeply,
open v's, knife cuts...) but knowing me, probably not the right one.

Jane

skazki@globalnet.co.uk