Van Vechton

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for any information about (who I understand was) the first woman
letterpress printer in the U.S., Helen Van Vechton, proprietor of Philosopher
Press, in Wisconsin. She published an impressive number of beautiful fine
press books, as well as a literary magazine, from the late 1800s into the
1930s or so.

I am also interested in purchasing books published by her. Suggestions on
possible resources as well as any and all other help is greatly appreciated.

Mary Crest