Re: teaching bookmaking

Lee,
 Paul Johnson has some books which you might find helpful.  The ones I
know of are:
1. A Book of One's Own: Developing Literacy Through Making Books
2. LIteracy Through the Book Arts
3. Pictures and Words Together:  Children Illustrating and Writing Their
Own Books.

I also just purchase a book called Books for Kids to Make:  Making Books
that Fly, Fold, Wrap, Hide, Pop-up, Twist, and Turn.  (by Gwen Diehn).
Nothing in here which Paul Johnson has not covered, but I think it would
still be helpful.  Hope this helps.

Regards,
Joanne
NYC