Miniature Book Show

Greetings to all those interested in the book arts in Australasia!

As President of The Book Arts Society of New Zealand, I can offer a
"pre-publication" announcement to Craig and the list about a forthcoming
International Miniature Book Show hosted by our organisation, to open in
Oamaru, South Island, NZ in October/November 1999. Details about the juried
show are available from me or from our web site when we are up and running.
We will be presenting an on-line exhibition in conjunction with the touring
show, so I'll keep you all posted.

The Book Arts Society has presented two other exhibitions in its short
eight year history: "The Art of the Book" in 1990, our inaugural show
profiling the history of the book and its making; and "BookWards 95" a
touring exhibition of contemporary artist's books. We run an annual Book
Arts Fair at the National Library of New Zealand in Wellington, and have a
publication list which includes a bi-annual newsletter and a letterpress
printed monograph series on great figures in the New Zealand book scene.

The book is very much alive and well and living in New Zealand!

Yours in print

Dr. Sydney J. Shep, The Printer
Wai-te-ata Press
1st floor, Central Services Building