Re: Van Vechton

I'm afraid I can't help you on Van Vechton, but I have to say she was not the
first woman letterpress printer in the U.S. That honor goes to Elizabeth
Glover who set up her Cambridge Press at Harvard in 1638. OK, it wasn't the
U.S. then. In any case I suggest you might want to look at Kathleen Walkup's
article on the subject "By Sovereign Maiden's Might: Notes on Women in
Printing" Fine Print" Vol. 11, No. 2. April, 1985.

R. Williams