[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Seattle/ Book Arts
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Seattle/ Book Arts
- From: Artemis BonaDea <paradux@ALASKA.NET>
- Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 08:32:57 -0700
- Message-Id: <199805141651.JAA17402@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Organization: North Bound Books
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
There is a very active Book Arts Guild in Seattle, 515 North 49th,
Seattle, WA 98103. Sandy Kroupa (below) can give more info.
The University of Washington has a *wonderful* book arts collection. The
Book Arts Librarian is:
Book Arts Collection
University of Washington Libraries
Seattle, WA 98195
Wessel & Lieberman Booksellers
121 First Ave South
shows and sells artists' books and fine press in addition to fine art
Tabula Rasa Press
621 Western Avenue
Sells some bookbinding supplies from the Western Avenue store and also
has a shop in the Pike Street Market that sells artists' books and fine
press - including many miniature books. Call them for more info.
For buying paper and artists supplies,
Dan Smith, Inc.
4150 First avenue South
The University Bookstore
University Avenue in the U District
sorry, no exact info on this one but worth a visit.
> A friend of mine is going to be in Seattle next month and I said I'd try
> and find out about book arts in Seattle. We've been told there is a
> Miniature book gallery is that so? If so does anyone know the address.
> Gail Stiffe
> / Hands /
> / on /
> / Paper /