Re: Need some help, advice...

Dear Melissa,

While I am a calligrapher and do some bookbinding, my advice here would
be _get money up front!_  It may be that your price quote will scare him
off - but maybe not. I once did four illuminated manuscripts - poetry
that a client had written for her four children - and did not get an
advance.  However, that was unusual in that I knew the person and knew
there was no problem with the cost.  For any other circumstance, I would
want a sizeable downpayment.

Good luck!

Sally Jackson