[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Melissa's query
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Melissa's query
- From: Nicholas Yeager <artifex@PIPELINE.COM>
- Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 10:33:25 -0400
- Message-Id: <199805181431.HAA19790@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
>Would it be totally obnoxious of me to call him back...even before I have a
>copy of the work in question...probably yes....but the more I think about
>our conversation the more nervous I feel about the "business" end of it.
You've obviously touched a chord (cord?) with folks on the list. There's
almost enough info here to write a Do's & Don'ts page!
Obnoxious? Well, ask yourself whether you want to work with someone who
doesn't even listen to your comments, and won't even look at your work?
Pat's, Don's and others experiences have delineated the horrors that occur
when taking work that should be avoided.
This job sounds like it will be an opportunity for you to:
Learn to hate working for others
Distrust yourself because you didn't listen to your intuition
Want to sell insurance or write actuarial tables ;-)
Nicholas G. Yeager 51 Warren St.#2 NY, NY 10007 212.346.9609