[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Need some help, advice...
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Need some help, advice...
- From: Artemis BonaDea <paradux@ALASKA.NET>
- Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 08:29:38 -0700
- Message-Id: <199805181615.JAA09792@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Organization: North Bound Books
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Greg's comment on first time authors/publishers
"they require an immense amount of hand-holding, client meetings, and
explanations that you can't imagine up front. First-time authors often
need to be "taught" about the process as you work through it. They *can*
be a real pain in the butt. Be sure you build a cost for that into your
is very, very true. I include 30 minutes of consultation time with each
job under $200. over that is one hour. After that, every minute is
The business of educating is exhausting and will eat up all the profits
if you're not careful.
I try to look at new experiences as being paid to learn. I don't expect
to make any money but I do learn alot (including the lession that I'll
never do it again).
North Bound Books