Re: Need some help, advice...

Greg's comment on first time authors/publishers

"they require an immense amount of hand-holding, client meetings, and
explanations that you can't imagine up front. First-time authors often
need to be "taught" about the process as you work through it. They *can*
be a real pain in the butt.  Be sure you build a cost for that into your
estimate."

is very, very true.  I include 30 minutes of consultation time with each
job under $200.  over that is one hour.  After that, every minute is
charged for.

The business of educating is exhausting and will eat up all the profits
if you're not careful.

I try to look at new experiences as being paid to learn.  I don't expect
to make any money but I do learn alot (including the lession that I'll
never do it again).

Artemis BonaDea
North Bound Books