a new law of nature

I've discovered a new law of nature--well, I'm not sure what to call it.
It's along the lines of Murphy's Law and the Peter Principle. Here it is.

If you are binding a book that is front/back symmetrical, the back *always*
turns out better.

This law cannot be broken. It doesn't matter whether you are tooling,
laying in endsheets, mitreing leather corners, the back is better. It also
doesn't matter whether you do the back first (as I was taught) or try to
fool the gods by doing the front first. Sigh.

Steve

Steven D. Hales
Assistant Professor                     email: hales@planetx.bloomu.edu
Department of Philosophy                phone: (717) 389-4229
Bloomsburg University                   fax: (717) 389-2094
Bloomsburg, PA 17815