[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Icky Sticky Gooey Yucky Poster Restoration
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Icky Sticky Gooey Yucky Poster Restoration
- From: Ron Koster <psymon@ISTAR.CA>
- Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 09:21:51 -0400
- Message-Id: <199805221329.GAA19512@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I realize this is somewhat off-topic, but I wouldn't know who else to ask,
and I know there's a lot of you out there with experience in restoration.
I have an old poster that's somewhat collectible, however it was apparently
put up somewhere with tape and stuff. Most of the tape is gone now
(although there's still a few pieces stuck to it), but where tape once was
it's all sticky and stuff.
So, I have two questions: (1) is there any way to remove the tape that's
still there without tearing the paper; and (2) is there any way to get rid
of the stickiness that is there from where the tape used to be?
I haven't had a chemistry set since I was a little kid, so I don't have
access to all kinds of weird things, but I was hoping that there might be
some simple and easy, "do-it-yourself-at-home" way to fix this up as much
as possible without, of course, making matters even worse.
Thanks *very* much to any and all help or suggestions you might be able to
P S Y M O N ? ? ? ?