[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Icky Sticky Gooey Yucky Poster Restoration
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Icky Sticky Gooey Yucky Poster Restoration
- From: Sam Lanham <slanham@HCTC.NET>
- Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 18:39:29 -0400
- In-Reply-To: <199805242202.RAA00813@roadrunner.sig.net>
- Message-Id: <199805242239.PAA12234@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I have a document which was tapedon the back with ordinary Scotch tape for
years before I got it. The old tape came off easily but the adhesive has
penetrated the paper and shows through on the front side. I have soaked
the document in acetone with no visible effect. Is there any way I can
remove the adhesive from the paper?
The document is a unique early Texas playbill and I would really like to
restore it if possible.
Any help appreciated mucho.
Sam Lanham (email@example.com)