Re: Icky Sticky Gooey Yucky Poster Restoration

Friends--

I have a document which was tapedon the back with ordinary Scotch tape for
years before I got it.  The old tape came off easily but the adhesive has
penetrated the paper and shows through on the front side.  I have soaked
the document in acetone with no visible effect.  Is there any way I can
remove the adhesive from the paper?

The document is a unique early Texas playbill and I would really like to
restore it if possible.

Any help appreciated mucho.

Sam Lanham
Sam Lanham (slanham@hctc.net)