Patent Models catalogue

Apologies to anyone who has already seen this notice on the Letpress
list.

A new catalogue, "Patent Models in the Graphic Arts Collection," has
been published by the Smithsonian and may be of interest to some
Book_Arts listers. This is a 145-page descriptive catalogue of the
400-odd 19th century patent models in the Graphic Arts Division of the
National Museum of American History, as a fatter companion to my earlier
"Printing Presses in the Graphic Arts Collection." Most of the models
are of printing presses, but bookbinding, composition, type founding and
other devices are there too, and a few oddities. The catalogue is free.
If you would like a copy please write to me at:

Elizabeth Harris
Graphic Arts Division
NMAH 5703, MRC 633
Washington DC 20560

Also, there are still some of the "Printing Presses" catalogue
available. Same price, same address.