[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: millimeter binding
- From: mark andersson <markandersson@HOTMAIL.COM>
- Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 09:20:14 PDT
- Message-Id: <199806041620.JAA16504@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Actually a true millimeter binding only has leather along the spine with
one millimeter of leather over the cover boards. The binding where
there is leather along the head and tail of the binding is called a
There are variations of millmeter bindings where there is leather just
at the head and tail of the spine, etc.
They are also distinguished by the small, or even miniscule, amount of
leather on the corners.
Millimeter bindings were invented in Denmark during the war as a way of
making leather bindings when leather was not generally available. Or
not much leather was available.... They are beautiful, elegant and
extremely fun to make.
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com