Re: humor

I hope no one minds this little bit of humor.

In an ancient monastery in a far away place, a new monk arrived to join
his
brothers in copying books and scrolls in the monastery's scriptorium. He
was assigned as a rubricator on copies of books that had already been
copied by hand. One day he asks Father Florian, the Armarius of the
Scriptorium, "Does not the copying  by hand of other copies allow for
chances of error?  How do we know we are not copying the mistakes of
someone else?  Are they ever checked against the original?" Fr. Florian
is
set back a bit by the obvious logical observation of this youthful monk.
"A very good point, my son.  I will take  one of the latest books down
the vault and compare it against the original."

Fr. Florian went down to the secured vault and began his verification. A
day passed and the monks began to worry and went down looking for the
old
priest.  They were sure something may have happened. As they approached
the
vault they heard sobbing and crying; they opened the door and found Fr.
Florian crying over the new copy and the original ancient book, both
opened
before him on the table.  It was obvious to all that the poor man had
been
crying his old heart out for a long time."What is the problem, Reverend
father? asked one of the monks. "Oh, my Lord," sobbed the priest, "the
word
is 'celebrate'!!!"