Re: semantics

WHAAAT?
You write: "Language is a heavy thing, a specific  thing, and a powerful
thing.----------"
Most effective when kept simple.  This bit is obfuscating and sematically
obscure.
Write what you mean.
        "the person who misunderstands has every right to demand clarification of
the words which
 have confused clear meanings."  Ergo, apply your own advice.

> From: Madeleine Fix <fix.3@OSU.EDU>
> To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
> Subject: semantics
> Date: Friday, June 05, 1998 1:59 AM
>
> Ms. Adler:
>
> I also saw admiration, etc.  and appreciation of Cuban bookbindery in Ms.
> Bona Dea's letter.  However, I also saw this admiration and appreciation
> framed within an overlying sense of 'Bestowing Gifts Upon Lesser,
Helpless