Re: Paper question

Having read this exchange on flowers for several days, the technique I had
heard of years ago just came to me:
A lady who regularly dried flowers and other plants of a delicate nature
found that a very fine-grade of sand did the job admirably and with out
damage.
A small amount is put into the base of a container - the item "stuck" into
that to hold it upright, then more sand gently laid in around it until it
was completely covered.  Left that way for a few days, or whatever, then
gently poured out brought the item to complete dehydration without
distortion, and presumably less change in color than items pressed between
some papers or ironed or otherwise mangled.
Obviously, this does not address the problem, then, of inclusion into a
flat medium, such as a handmade paper, but the drying of it apparently
works.  One might adapt the sand method to parts of other techniques on a
trial basis and report back.
Charles Schermerhorn