Re: Adhesives

<< I'm trying to determine which adhesive is the best to use in the
 following instances:

 1.  adhering paper to davey board
      a.  cloth cover paper to board
      b.  decorative cover paper to board

 2.  signature papers to end papers

 3.  end papers to board

In a class with Kitty Maryatt, at U.C.L.A., she recommended Jade 403 and I
have used it ever since. I use it for the reasons you listed. It is archival,
easy to work with, reliable. On occasion, I have had to use other glues, but
none have handled like Jade 403. It's available locally (Los Angeles) but
you'll also find it listed in mail order suppliers' catalogs.

It can be mixed with water. To slow the drying time, it can be mixed with
methyl cellulose.

But as with anything else, you do need to experiment and decide for yourself.
Good luck! Most of all, enjoy the process of discovery!

Mary Crest