[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: A Loss
- From: Charles <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 09:22:54 -0700
- Message-Id: <199806091620.JAA13704@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Ann Thornton, 57, a skilled binder for over thirty years, died Sunday, June
7, 1998 after a brief bout with cancer.
Following her years at a commercial bindery in the Los Angeles area, where
she worked her way up from novice to manager, she established The Binding
Place in Los Olivos, where she accepted work from a wide geographical area.
When the building housing her shop burned down abour 1995, she moved her
operation to the modified garage of friends in Solvang but continued
producing the excellent work for which she was known.
These friends accepted the responsibility of hospice care for her and were
at her side when she died. She will be missed.