Re: Value of BA List (Was: Book Arts Symposium and Workshop in Walla Walla, WA)

        I agree with Richard about the value of posting notices of workshops,
exhibitions, etc. on this list and second  his motion of posting as early
as possible.

        As yet another editor for a newsletter (Quarto: The GBW Midwest Chapter
Newsletter) I copy/paste/save announcements for inclusion in the
newsletter.  But since I too am on a quarterly basis, thus the name Quarto
;-), I need advance notice.

        So to those posting announcements of this kind, please do so as far in
advance as possible!

        And for those in the Midwest, I have a web page of current Midwest
"Happenings" on the GBW Midwest Chapter web page.  The URL is:

                http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~alstrom/gbwmidwest/index.html

I try to keep it up to date, but I do this in my "spare" time.  If you
really want something to be listed in the Midwest Happenings, and the event
is in the Midwest, please email me directly and I will make sure it is
posted as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Eric

At 06:53 AM 6/10/98 -0400, Richard Miller wrote:
>Chris McAfee wrote, in response to Laura Joan Boston:
>
>> I regularly scan the Book Arts-L for
>>items to put in the Guild of Book Workers Newsletter calendar.
>
>I too often save items of interest from postings here for inclusion in the
>CBBAG Newsletter. <snip>
Eric Alstrom                    Guild of Book Workers Midwest Chapter
        33 Townsend Place               Newsletter Editor and Web Page Binder
        Athens, OH  45701
                                740-592-4609
alstrom@ohiou.edu
                        http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~alstrom/

***Articles gladly accepted.  Remember, submission is good for the soul!***