Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest -At 11:36 AM 6/4/98 -0400, Melissa L. Hatalsky wrote:

At 11:36 AM 6/4/98 -0400, Melissa L. Hatalsky wrote:

>Then you must dry the papers...
Dobbin Mill has a forced air drying box - it was the prototype built toge=
ther=0Awith David Reina that Carriage House now sells (yes, it's expensiv=
e).  But,=0Afor those of you who don't have a paper studio that can susta=
in a box or other=0Aprofessional system (although they're great - so chec=
k them out) -you can set=0Aup your own forced air system fairly easily: g=
et corrugated cardboard (double-=0Awall is better and archival if you can=
 afford it), blotter (again archival if=0Ayou can), thin plastic (like dr=
opcloth), a fan and tape.  For drying build a=0Astack by placing a double=
-wall or 2 single-wall boards down, then 2 blotters=0Athen the wet papers=
 (or damp prints, whatever) then 2 more blotters then the=0Acardboard aga=
in.  Build up a stack.  When done, set up the fan near one side=0Aof the =
stack facing the holes that run through the cardboard (amistake that=0Aon=
e of my assistants did once).  This way the air will blow through the hol=
es=0Aand take out the moisture. wrap the stack with the plastic leaving t=
he ends=0Athat have the hole openings free.  Attach with tape the plastic=
 to the fan so=0Aas moch air as possible goes from the fan into and throu=
gh the corrugated=0Acardboard.  Voil=E1!  Overnight (usually) it's dry!  =
Sorry about the excessively=0Along explanation.  I wasn't going to start =
but when I saw the many suggestions=0A(and I've tried them all) I thought=
 you'd perhaps want this option.    =0A