Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest -At 11:36 AM 6/4/98 -0400, Melissa L. Hatalsky wrote:

> >Then you must dry the papers...

I'm not a papermaker, but I know how to make paper....

saw someone use a shop vac to vac the water of the paper on the mould..
Hold it up in the air and run the vacuum across the bottom of the screen.
It makes the paper dry enough to put between absorbent sheets and roll with
roller to soak up a little more water, then iron dry.

Yes, it changes the character of the paper and it may not give you the
effect you were looking for.  But the vacuum seemed an ingenious solution to
getting water out of the paper.

 -Karen from Atlanta - who well realizes this is a bookarts list,
     not a paper list