Re: Cuban bookbinders

I also visited the Matanzas book artists Ediciones Vigia and am working on
mounting some images of their book covers on a web site so that the list
can see what Bob Muens was trying to explain. I just happened to be in
Cuba to speak at a conference on preservation at the same time that Bob
was there visiting.  I also took a gift of paper supplies that was well
received.  I had hoped to have the images scanned and up this weekend,
but...

Also there is an interview with the director of the group in a book
published by University of Michigan Press, 1995 called "Bridges to Cuba"
edited by Ruth Behar, who has been visitng this group for some years and
who has a large collection of their editions.

As soon as the images are complete I will announce on the listserv, but
thought I would take this opportunity to say it was coming.

Jeanne Drewes
Preservation Department                         voice  410 516 5486
Milton S. Eisenhower Library                    fax    410 516 4355
Johns Hopkins University
3400 N. Charles Street                              jdrewes@jhu.edu
Baltimore, MD  21218
http://milton.mse.jhu.edu:8001/library/pres/index.htm