[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Denis Gouey on Hewitt
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Denis Gouey on Hewitt
- From: "Peter D. Verheyen" <pdverhey@DREAMSCAPE.COM>
- Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 19:25:04 -0400
- In-Reply-To: <199806152135.RAA25816@ultra1.dreamscape.com>
- Message-Id: <199806152335.QAA21494@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I think you sent this to the "wrong" list. Denis' posting was on his
"Bookbinding" list. The complete posting can be read in the onelist archive
Unfortunately it's not in the archive yet.
At 02:38 PM 6/15/98 -0700, you wrote:
> I can't help but wonder what Denis' gripe is.
> If what he wants is access to Hewitt leathers, it is certainly there.
> If what he wants is to deal exclusively with Talas, and Talas
>Hewitt leather that's a problem, but what does he owe to Talas to trade
> Bookmakers, to whom Hewitt is assigning its dealership, is only an
> Not everyone I've talked to thinks Talas' service is that great
>It hasn't proven so to me.
> One of the factors in successful competition is customer
>Hewitt discovered where that is, and where they would get the best service
>for those wanting their products.
> David Lanning's easy to reach via e-mail. Seems to me, rather
than post a
>public grouch about Hewitt's choice, a modest on-line conversation with
>Lanning would be more appropriate.
> Charles Schermerhorn
>> In schoen gebunden Buechern blaettert man gern. <<
Peter D. Verheyen