Re: Denis Gouey on Hewitt

Charles,
I think you sent this to the "wrong" list. Denis' posting was on his
"Bookbinding" list. The complete posting can be read in the onelist archive
at <http://www.onelist.com/viewarchive.cgi?listname=bookbinding>.
Unfortunately it's not in the archive yet.

Peter

At 02:38 PM 6/15/98 -0700, you wrote:
>        I can't help but wonder what Denis' gripe is.
>        If what he wants is access to Hewitt leathers, it is certainly there.
>        If what he wants is to deal exclusively with Talas, and Talas
doesn't have
>Hewitt leather that's a problem, but what does he owe to Talas to trade
>only there?
>        Bookmakers, to whom Hewitt is assigning its dealership, is only an
>overnight-delivery away.
>        Not everyone I've talked to thinks Talas' service is that great
anyway.
>It hasn't proven so to me.
>        One of the factors in successful competition is customer
relations.  Maybe
>Hewitt discovered where that is, and where they would get the best service
>for those wanting their products.
>        David Lanning's easy to reach via e-mail.  Seems to me, rather
than post a
>public grouch about Hewitt's choice, a modest on-line conversation with
>Lanning would be more appropriate.
>        Charles Schermerhorn
>

>>     In schoen gebunden Buechern blaettert man gern.     <<

Peter D. Verheyen
<Email>                               mailto:pdverhey@dreamscape.com
<Webmaster>              http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
<Listowner>    Mailto:Book_Arts-L-request@listserv.syr.edu