Re: ?? Paper grain

Folding with the grain, in some papers, is important if the fold itself
is important.  Folding across the grain, on some papers, can give you a
stronger fold, but also a coarser fold.  If I am sewing a textblock on a
concertina guard I sometimes use the crossgrain fold for strength.
However, if it is a thick block and I am worried about bulk, or the
spine will be exposed, I fold the concertina with the grain.
 Dorothy Africa